This exercise every week has started to bore me, yet I find value in doing this. A couple of weeks back, I went to using a bullet-point approach to list everything down and it kind of worked for me. And although I skipped last week, this week I am goig to use the approach
- Work has picked up pace and last week I found myself sitting late in office on more than 1 occasions. Coming week is training including Saturday and it will be even more hectic
- Saturday and Sunday were resting days. Given that I spend last weekend going out, this week I decided to stay back in and just not do anything
- India lost their 3rd straight match in the CB Series and also the top 3 guns failed miserably. Media has been going crazy about how the communications have been handled between the selectors, captain and seniors
- India beat Australia in a ODI which was nice, but there was still some disappointment because Sachin was dropped
- I continue to do well on some goals while others are simply put on the back burner.
Good night; we will talk more about this next week.
The highlight of the week is the story that started on Saturday and ended only on Monday. A series of 2 days that left me exhausted physically, mentally and financially, and all that for a pair of Shoes that I had thought of buying and Preeti decided I should finally buy them. And, like a good wife, Preeti with all the great intentions took me to Nike to hunt for a pair of shoes and from there on it took us 48 hours to get 2 pair of shoes – Puma and Nike both of which I love. A two day ordeal finally turned not to be so bad given that I added 2 brand new shoes to my collection (which is still smaller then Preeti’s :))
Apart from this, the week was pretty normal with work still not geared up. Time in office is close to 40 hours a week which and most of the time spent on learning and reviewing what exists on the project.
A mixed week, with the focus coming back to Cricket, as India played Australia in 2 T20 matches and winning the 2nd T20 match with their exceptional fielding performance and a very well balanced batting display. However, on Sunday India lost in a dismissal fashion in their first One-day match in the Tri-series. Cant say how much every department of the Indian cricket team sucked. It was simply disappointing.