Two months back when I came back to India, little I knew that my life would take a U-turn for good. Everything that has happened since July 26 is a welcome surprise. And, it all started with my leadership to decide to allocate me to a project. Next few weeks unfolded very differently
- I was told that there is a possibility I would be sent on bench if no suitable project was found for me;
- I was awarded IMPax award which meant I was recognized by the CTO of the organization for my work towards the Java Technology
- I was told by “the director” who leads Architects in India that I am not skilled enough to be an Architect
On the other side, I was making super-duper progress on my personal front and within a few weeks of my arrival back to India I had achieved:
- Learnt PHP and WordPress and moved my websites/blogs to self-managed hosted environment;
- Gave share to my iFramework so that it can be shared with a community bigger than any organization (open source community)
- I finally released my project to OSS community as a Maven Central Project
- DZone selected me as one of their Most Valuable Blogger – which meant they would publish my articles on their JavaLobby
- I started to work on the “Testing Framework” that was Work In Progress for last 3 years and finally I gave it shape that i can be released as a framework
- Even purchased domain for it: EAMSteps.org
- Wrote a Multi-threading framework
On personal side, some things started to change and in all this mix I realized one thing – I had lost my touch on technology during last thre years and all this happened because a laid-back attitude that I had developed. Now, that for 6 weeks I was so active which was hard to believe, it seemed appropriate to continue with the momentum and it was time to do things that matter.
Last 3 years made me realize that age is catching up with me and if I do not do something substantial soon, it will be too late. I would have another 2 (maybe 3) years to make a significant impact on my career.
Amongst all of the changes, it became evident that it was time to move on from my current organization and figure out whats next. And, here I am now just looking at another month maybe 5 weeks with my current organization and still figuring out whats the next best thing to do for me to make the very best use of next few years of my professional life.